Monday, October 1, 2012

SeaWorld killer whale's severe injury: accident or battle wound?

 

I have always been fond of orcas or killer whales. After watching the movie Free Willy I thought I could get a large in ground pool in the backyard to my pet whale in it. Orcas are really smart fast swimming whales with teeth. They live in life long pods (small groups) and have one blow hole. The orca belongs to the dolphin family, so they simply a big black and white dolphin. I am sure everyone knows orca whales are predators, but did you know they will eat other whales such as the great blue whale.


There has been a recent incident with the orca whale at Sea World named Nakai which is the the first orca conceived and successfully born through artificial insemination. Nakai has a terrible wound on his lower jaw that may have been caused by another killer whale from the Sea World family. Although, it is unclear what happened I believe the predator instinct comes out of killer whales in captivity at random times. I think it is the natural reaction on their instincts after suppressing them for so long.No matter what the pictures show Sea World says it was an pool accident.

Well, I would like to say I admire Sea World for protecting the animals even when it seems like Nakai clearly was attacked by another killer whale. I say Battle Wound! Checkout the article and tell me what you think about this situation.


No comments:

Post a Comment